In an internal combustion engine, the cylinder head (often informally abbreviated to just head) sits above the cylinders on top of the cylinder block. It closes in the top of the cylinder, forming the combustion chamber. This joint is sealed by a head gasket. In most engines, the head also provides space for the passages that feed air and fuel to the cylinder, and that allow the exhaust to escape. The head can also be a place to mount the valves, spark plugs, and fuel injectors.
Cylinder head works under the conditions of high temperature, high pressure so it often encounters damage such as warping, cracking. Combustion chamber burnt clinging coal dust, water storage spaces are corroded due to the presence of corrosive impurities in water. Threaded joints are damaged due to improper assembly and technical process. Gaskets are broken due to long working hours. All damaged above will cause leakage, water leakage, oil leakage and reduce the compression ratio of the engine. Water penetrate the combustion chamber causing rupture of the piston, crankshaft – connecting rod breakdown. Carbon black stucks combustion chamber will cause a explode, carbon black falls of will scratch the cylinder - piston, jamming the piston ring. Thus the engine will reduce capacity if worse it can not work.
When having problems with damage of cylinder head, you can check the curves with a straight ruler or sludge. If you detected cylinder head is warped, use the tip to scrape the high raised areas flat. But when the entire length of the warping part of the cylinder head is larger than 4-5% of the total length of it, it must be replaced.
► To replace engine spare parts, we have the following new options:
- Replace genuine cylinder head from marker, high price. Older models may have stopped production.
- Replace OEM cylinder head, can bring drawings, specifications, the manufacturer in Korea will follow the technical requirements in accordance with the registration standards and machine specifications.
- Reuse used cylinder head, there will be a reasonable expense
Orient Technical Marine Co., Ltd specializes in supplying spare parts and equipment from YANMAR, DAIHATSU, NIGATA, MITSUBISHI, B&W, SULZER, ... We have provided spare parts and equipment for some the vessels as:
- Supply spare parts for YANMAR 6N21A-SV engine for VINA LOGISTICS
- Supply spare parts for YANMAR 6N18L-EN engine for M/V PACIFIC EXPRESS
- Supply spare parts for HITACHI B&W 6L50C main engine for M/V PACIFIC GRACE
- Supply spare parts for DAIHATSU 3DK-20 generator engine for M/V PVT AROMA,...
Orient Technical Marine Co., Ltd