A piston ring is a metallic split ring that is attached to the outer diameter of a piston in an internal combustion engine or steam engine.
There are two main types of piston rings: gas ring and oil ring
- The piston ring used to maintain the compression pressure in the combustion chamber is called the gas ring
- The piston ring used to remove the oil is called the oil ring.
The piston ring creats tightness for compressed air in the combustion chamber created from pistons and cylinder head , transfer heat from the piston through the cylinder wall
The piston ring works in complex environmental conditions, resistant to high temperatures and pressure, difficult lubrication, so it is the fastest wear, failure in the engine
Piston ring is replaced in new regular inspections and maintenance. Can be replaced with genuine products from marker or OEM products instead.
Orient Technical Marine Co., Ltd specializes in supplying spare parts and equipment from YANMAR, DAIHATSU, NIGATA, MITSUBISHI, B&W, SULZER, ... We have provided spare parts and equipment for some the vessels as:
- Supply spare parts for YANMAR 6N18L-EN engine for M/V PACIFIC EXPRESS
- Supply spare parts for YANMAR 6N21A-SV engine
- Supply piston ring of YANMAR S185 engine for M/V PVT Sea Lion
- Supply spare parts for main engine HITACHI B&W 6L50C for M/V PACIFIC GRACE
- Supply spare parts for generator engine DAIHATSU 3DK-20 for M/V PVT AROMA,...
Orient Technical Marine Co., Ltd